domenica 21 dicembre 2014

Woodland Charm Necklace Repli-Kate Review

Hello, everyone! It's been a while since my last post, apologies for the long silence, but I've been snowed under with studying for my approaching bar exam...

Anyway, just in time for Christmas, here I am with a new repli-kate review of Catherine's Asprey Woodland Charm Necklace by The Looking Glass Shop on Etsy.

 

The Duchess of Cambridge was first spotted wearing the Asprey necklace on Easter Sunday this year, while on a visit to Taronga Zoo in Sydney, as part of the royal tour of Australia and New Zealand, and she has worn it a number of time since, including on her subsequent visit to the National Indigenous Training Academy at Uluru.

 
In Sydeny with Prince George, 20 April 2014.
 
 
At Uluru, 22 April 2014.
 
 Anna from My Small Obsessions of Facebook first identified the necklace as a piece from Asprey's Woodland Collection.
The collection features whimsical charms inspired by English woodland flora (you can read more about it here).
 



Catherine's charms included a mushroom, an oak leaf and an acorn. It is believed the oak reference may be a nod to the Duchess's own coat of arms, which features three acorns with leaves:

 
 
 
The Asprey charms are all made of yellow gold and diamonds and can be bought as part of the Woodland Mini Charm bracelet, which retails for £ 9,400 (approximately $ 14,800 or € 11,800). They aren't available to buy individually at the moment, but originally retailed for £ 2,900 (the acorn), £ 1,950 (the oak leaf) and £ 3,900 (the mushroom).
 
Of course this places them out of most repli-katers price range, I dare say, therefore I was absolutely thrilled when a gorgeous repli-kate from The Looking Glass Shop on Etsy came up!
 
Both the necklace and charms are plated in 14k yellow gold (there's also a white gold version) and the charms are accented with clear CZ crystals. The chain is 17 in long, with a 2 in extender and fastens with a lobster clasp.
 
Processing time at the Looking Glass Shop is longer than at some other Etsy shops - as per shop policies, items are shipped within 3-5 business days after payment is received. That meant my necklace, purchased on 27 November (a Thursday, Thanksgiving), was shipped on the next Wednesday, 3 December. This was still perfectly acceptable to me, and the necklace arrived on 17 December, so still in plenty of time for Christmas anyway, which I wasn't expecting but was a nice plus, but I thought it worth mentioning (I gather rush processing can be arranged by contacting the shop owner).
 


 
 

 

The necklace arrived in its own box with a handwritten note. The charms are just gorgeous in person, very sparkly, and the gold-plated material is really shiny. On the whole, I'm SO happy with my new repli-kate, especially since I'd been looking around for a decent, affordable copy of this necklace for ages. Now next on my wishlist are these equally gorgoues repli-kate earrings!





 
 




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento